Thursday, March 7, 2013

Mayim Chaim Cola and Half and Half

I'm tempted to say that these drinks are the equivalent of Catholic mortification for the Hebrew set, a sort of liquid hair shirt for those what have it coming, but that would be an exaggeration. A slight exaggeration.

Rather than being good or bad these are just blah, the cola especially. The cola isn't very fizzy, it isn't very sweet and it isn't very cola-esque. It ain't much at all. It's a bit like they bought the cola soda kit and added half as much syrup as they should've.

The Half & Half tastes nothing like milk, I should joke, but I won't. It's much better than the cola, which isn't saying much. In all honesty I could drink the Half & Half if hard pressed, it wouldn't be the most onerous task set before me in an average day. Lemony and etc it fails to offend.

Why do these sodas exist? Is a mild soda some Jewish ideal? Do their dietary restrictions caution against to much carbonation lest you be plagued by The Lord? I dunno, they are an inscrutable people.

7 comments :

  1. A lot of Be'er Mayim soda is purchased for Passover, during which we cannot eat anything made from grain, including the corn syrup found in most other sodas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't explain where half and half comes from. Was a odd ball flavour at Grandparents. In the USA a lot of drinks are made with Corn syrup but not here in OZ. If you want a great range of drinks then visit me at www.realsoftdrinks.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I visited your site and you have many low res jpgs of odd drinks.

      Delete
  3. I am sorry i am drinking both of does sodas weekly and i never tasted such good soft drinks

    ReplyDelete
  4. "during which we cannot eat anything made from grain," Your an idiot! What do you think matzah is made of marshmallows? We can not eat leavening from the 5 grain species. Ashkenazi Jews expand the commandment to include grain like foods not listed in the Torah such as corn while Sephardic Jews permit consumption of anything not mentioned in the Torah. I suggest going back to Day School and learn something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where do you get your information from? Wikipedia? I wouldn't trust it. I'm pretty sure Coca-Cola is made from cow's milk and meat which is why they have to have special Pass-me-over versions.

      Delete

 
Humor-Blogs.com