Friday, March 2, 2012

Red Velvet Cream Tea Thing at Argo



I was getting all primed up for an "aaaarghhh-o" type of joke.

Using the metric of how much I suspected something would suck vs how good something turns out to be, the ridiculous Red Velvet tea drink at this Argo tea place ranks as the top drink I've ever tasted.

Expecting it to taste like flowery girl vomit, it turned out medium delicious. The ingredients didn't impress me, some fruit tea and raspberry syrup and my choice of dairy. The server recommended it hot and I accepted her advice, taking pleasure in the idea of making a bad thing worse. All the disappointed looks I've been saving up are going to waste, though, the server did me no wrong.

I will complain about the paper cup and plastic lid. I am drinking this in a tea shop, they should have given me a proper glass like in the picture. I'll also say that it was too hot at first, but you can tell I'm reaching, struggling for things to be unhappy about. It's a hard life when I am denied the disappointment I crave.

Even at $4, I could imagine drinking another one of these.





2 comments :

  1. Thank you for your review of our Red Velvet! We're happy that you've enjoyed it and we appreciate the time you took to share your feedback. Also please don't hesitate to ask it "for here" so it's served in a glass mug instead of a paper cup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything in NYC is about throw away culture and not having to do dishes, I'm not surprised that the glass mug was kept quiet.

      Delete

 
Humor-Blogs.com